Pres. Obama & CBS engaged in a joint coverup....
Here are: (a) the original CBS News "60 Minutes" video (0:50)--taped 9/12 but aired 9/16--in which Steve Kroft poses a pointed question that the president answers; (b) a CBS Online 10/23 report that is the first airing of the Kroft clip; and (c) the Fox News "Special Report" 10/24 video (1:09) that includes a montage of subsequent public statements by Pres. Obama. And here are the three 9/11 e-mails for the Benghazi siege alert. AEI's Danielle Pletka connects additional dots that nail down what & when the administration (and hence, the president) knew.
What do we learn?
1. Om 9/12 Pres. Obama leaned towards terrorism, not spontaneous anger over a video, as the explanation for the Benghazi consulate siege.
2. From 9/13 - 9/25 Pres. Obama stressed in his public remarks over the next fortnight reaction to a toxic video, and not terrorism.
3. UN Amb. Susan Rice went on five Sunday talk shows on Sept. 16 to promote the video thesis and downplay planned terrorist acts.
4. CBS "60 Minutes" aired the Kroft interview with the president on Sunday eve, 9/16, after Amb. Rice's 9/16 TV appearances.
5. CBS sat on the "60 Minutes" out-take from 9/12 until 10/23, a total of six weeks, during a presidential election campaign.
Bottom Line. President Obama & his administration promoted a "reaction to video" line for a fortnight, though the president knew an alternative "planned terrorism" narrative was supported by plausible evidence, and likely true (as eventually, it proved to be). For six weeks CBS sat on a clip that contradicted the president's public narrative, during a heated presidential election campaign.
Put simply, (a) the president misled the public; and (b) CBS misled the public.
Letter from the Capitol, LFTC, National Security. Foreign Policy, Terrorism, Conservative Politics